Celery seeds have a slightly bitter and sour taste. They contain very few calories and are rich in different nutrients.
See what they are useful for:
1. The seeds are very useful for people with high blood pressure and it is advisable to be included in the daily diet of these people. According to recent studies, the seeds not only lower blood pressure, but also act as a diuretic and help the body of to get rid of excess fluids, which also has a positive effect on blood pressure.
2. Celery seeds increase bone strength – this is due to the high calcium content in seeds. Calcium is needed to have healthy bones and teeth. The need for calcium in children is even greater so that bones can develop normally. Calcium is also needed for muscles to function properly.
3. The seeds of celery act as a natural antibiotic – they are effective against a number of infections and can be used for urinary tract infections.
4. The seeds are effective in painful menstruation – they relieve pain and muscle spasms, which are common symptoms during the period. Regular intake of seeds will reduce the power and intensity of pain.
5. Seeds relieve gout and arthritis pain – according to a study, conducted over three months, a group of patients were taking the celery seed extract 2 times a day. After several weeks, the patients noted relief of the pain, caused by the arthritis, by 70%. Another plus of seed extract is that it has no side effects.
6. Celery seeds lower levels of “bad” cholesterol – so for this reason, the seeds are good for the heart and protect us from various heart diseases. Moreover, seeds stimulate blood circulation in the whole body.
7. The seeds will help you to lose weight – if you decide to deal with excess weight you need to make the seeds part of your daily diet. 100 grams of seeds contain only 16 calories.
Here’s how to incorporate celery seeds in your daily menu:
1. You can make a tea from the seeds, which is very effective for people with high blood pressure. Just put some crushed seeds in a glass of water and leave to brew for 20 minutes. Strain and drink two times a day. Do not add milk or sugar.
2. You can add the seeds to different sauces or pickles at home.
3. You can sprinkle your sandwich with celery seeds. Do not use to many seeds because of the peculiar bitter and sour taste of the seeds.