Sea salt is produced by evaporating seawater. It is used in cooking and cosmetics. As a mineral salt has been produced since prehistoric times. Some cooks believe that it has better taste than ordinary salt. Sea salt has a number of healing properties and contains over 80 different substances that have a positive effect on health.
See what conditions you can cure using sea salt:
1. Sea salt is rich in vitamins and minerals that are vital for the proper functioning of cells. These nutrients can improve metabolism, maintain tissues hydrated, stimulate the blood circulation of the skin and increase the strength of the membranes of the cells.
2. By adding sea salt in your meals you can prevent or treat osteoporosis. More than 20% of the sodium in the body is stored in bones that could be damaged as a result of mineral deficiencies in the blood and body fluids.
3. Sea salt helps to purify the blood, due to the large amount of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant and neutralizes free radicals. Sea salt detoxifies the skin cells by absorbing all toxic substances.
4. Sea salt can enhance the immune system. This makes the body more resistant against various diseases such as flu, allergies, etc. Sea salt is a natural anti-allergic agent and is considered useful for diseases such as asthma and other allergies. Baths with sea salt reduces the risk of infection and stimulate the body’s immunity. Sea salt helps in the treatment of hives, skin rashes, dandruff and hair loss.
5. Sea salt contains fluoride, which is beneficial for the health of our teeth. Fluoride protects teeth from acids and prevent dental caries. Rinse and gargle with lukewarm water with dissolved sea salt in it helps relieve mouth sores, bleeding gums, ulcers and sore throat.
6. The sea salt is considered a natural remedy for the treatment of psoriasis. Treatment with sea salt leads to remarkable improvement in those patients suffering from various skin conditions such as itching and flaking.
7. Sea salt contains sulfur, which helps to clear the skin and treat diseases such as dermatitis and acne scars.
8. Sea salt has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system. Scientists have shown that regular consumption of sea salt significantly reduces levels of “bad” cholesterol in the body. Also, this type of salt controls the blood pressure and heart rate.
9. The sea salt is an excellent remedy for oily hair. This type of salt absorb excess oil from your hair making it beautiful and shiny.