Super easy recipe for homemade tangerine jam without pectin. The perfect way to enjoy breakfast.
1. Cut the tangerines in half and squeeze the juice. Remove the seeds and cut the flesh into small cubes then put them in a saucepan with 300 ml of water.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for half an hour, add more water if necessary.
3. Put the mandarin peels in a pan with 500ml water, cover and simmer in low heat for about two hours.
4. Drain the water from the peel and cut them into strips. Keep the water.
5. Pour the water in a saucepan and let it simmer on a slow heat, add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
6. Add the chopped peels, tangerine juice and lemon juice and cook over moderate heat for about 20 minutes.
7. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes, then pour into sterilized jars.