Cardamom is used as a spice to enrich the flavor of food. Cardamom is an excellent source of minerals like potassium, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, iron and manganese. Furthermore it contains several vitamins such as vitamin C, riboflavin, niacin, and the like.
Cardamom has a healing effect and can be used as an antiseptic, diuretic, carminative, expectorating, toning and improving digestion remedy.
Thanks to its numerous medicinal actions cardamom can be of great benefit:
1. Cardamom is effective against bad breath – the development of various bacteria and microorganisms in the mouth is the main reason for the bad breath. Thanks to the antibacterial properties of cardamom it will be able to deal with bad breath. Just chew a little of the spice after every meal or when you need to have fresh breath. The other option is to make a cardamom tea, you can rince your mouth with it or you can drink it two times a day.
2. Cardamom helps the body clear out of toxins – it is rich in antioxidants that ease the process of disposing toxins. Furthermore, cardamom contains manganese, which destroys free radicals. When your body is cleansed of toxins the immune system is stronger, metabolism is in optimal condition.
3. Cardamom regulates heart rhythm – it is possible because of the presence of potassium, calcium and magnesium. Potassium is a major component of body fluids and cells. Potassium is necessary for the maintenance of normal heart rhythm and blood pressure. Cardamom prevents blood clotting and thrombosis. Drink cardamom tea 2 times per day for a healthy heart.
4. This spice improves kidney condition – this is due to the diuretic effect of cardamom, which leads to a lowering of blood pressure. Cardamom helps to dispose of calcium and urea accumulated in the kidneys. Regular consumption of the spice will help you deal with various issues related to the kidneys and bladder as: kidney stones, pain when urinating, nephritis, urinary urgency and others.
5. Cardamom stimulates appetite – spice stimulates digestion, removes swelling and acid in the stomach stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, which results in better digestion and increased appetite. If you have no appetite, add a little ground cardamom to the food or chew a bit of the spice.