At the moment you hear the first sneeze or see the runny nose of your baby, your first thought is to grab him and take him to the doctor. There is no need to visit the pediatrician every time your baby has a fever or cough. There are many safe and natural remedies that can help relieve symptoms at home without the risk of side effects.
Now we will show you several completely safe means to deal with clogged nose and colds in babies:
1. Clear the nose of your baby with steam – leave the hot water running in the bathroom and let it fill with steam. Take the baby inside, let him breathe the steam for a short time. Water steam will clear the nose and the baby will be able to breathe more easily.
2. A bowl of chicken soup can be an excellent way to relieve cold and congestion of your baby. Chicken broth will help discharge the thick mucus from the lungs, and the chicken will give your baby extra energy. However, if your baby is less than six months and still nursing consult your doctor.
3. Raise the head of your baby – keep your baby’s head elevated while it is sleeping or lying down, this will help him breathe better. Place your baby’s head on a soft pillow or rolled on soft towel. This method is suitable for children above 12 months.
4. If your baby has a fever due to cold, squeeze the juice of one lemon in a bowl with warm water. Water should not be hot. Soak a towel in this solution and rub the baby’s skin very gently. Lemon will cool the body of the baby, while warm water will unclog the nose of the baby. However, if the temperature remains high, immediately contact a doctor.
5. Cut red or plain onion into slices and leave it near the baby’s playpen. Onions contain sulfur, which helps to release the lungs from the secretions and ease the breathing. Red onion is extremely effective in diseases of the respiratory system – it calms the cough, liquefy thick bronchial secretions and helps in the treatment of hoarseness, flu, sore throat, pneumonia, bronchitis and asthma.