Eat fat to burn excess fat. Sounds great, these fats can help you burn fat and control weight. So if you want to lose weight, you must include certain types of fat in your diet.
Not all fats lead to weight gain. There are healthy fats that will help you lose weight. These fats improve metabolism, stimulate the metabolism and improve overall health.
Here’s what fat will help us be healthy and control your weight:
1. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – Many people suffer from unexplained weight gain. This weight gain could be due to the shortage of CLA in our diet. The conjugated linoleic acid (a natural fatty acid) increases the body’s capacity to burn fat. According to recent studies it has been shown that daily consumption of 3.4 grams CLA helps to burn 9% body fat. Thus it helps control weight. So it is advisable to include CLA in your diet to burn excess fat.
Sources of CLA are: beef, eggs, poultry, dairy products and others.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids – they are extremely healthy for us. It has been shown that they improve the overall health. They help keeping cholesterol levels in range and reduce the risk of accumulation of subcutaneous fat. Omega-3 fatty acids help maintaining the balance of healthy fats in the body and burning excess fat. Thus they help you lose weight.
Source of Omega-3 fatty acids: sardines, mackerel, salmon, tuna, walnuts, pumpkin oil, soy products, sweet potatoes, eggs, fruit juices and more.
3. Monounsaturated fats – they are healthier option of fats. They have great effects on health. Monounsaturated fats lower LDL cholesterol levels (bad cholesterol) without affecting HDL cholesterol levels (good cholesterol). Thus it helps to lose weight.
Sources of monounsaturated fats are: olive oil, soybean oil, avocado, peanut, peanut oil, sunflower and sesame seed.
4. Medium chain triglycerides – they provide fewer calories than any other fats. Due to its composition triglycerides are absorbed more easily and help the body to use fat as an energy source. So, they are active source of energy during exercise.
Advantages of medium chain triglycerides:
– Do not accumulate in the body as fat
– Help the body cope with excess weight
– Speeding up metabolism
– Excellent source of energy
– Increase physical endurance
MCT sources: milk, palm oil, coconut oil
Harmful to health are the bad fats such as saturated or trans fats. So try to limit your intake of these harmful fats.