Raspberries are very popular and well known how useful and what a vitamin bomb they are. This article will give you the necessary reasons why raspberries are absolutely recommended for your healthy diet.
Small red fruits are among the healthiest and are extremely beneficial to your health. They contain abundant antioxidants, phytonutrients, fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and others.
Fresh raspberry fruit contain vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin C, carotene, acids, mineral substances. One kg of fresh raspberry fruits contain up to 9 mg of iron, 46 mg manganese and up to 8.6 mg of copper. The fruit also contains pectin.
Here’s whyt they are good for our health:
1. Raspberries stimulate blood circulation and prevent the heart from various diseases – they have anticoagulant activity and help to thin the blood. In patients with frequent changes in blood pressure and an increased risk of blood clots, raspberries are especially suitable for normalization of health. Potassium in raspberries ensures optimum performance of muscles in the body, including the heart muscle. It reduces the chances of arrhythmia and regulates the contraction and relaxation of the heart muscle. Fruits help to raise levels of “good” cholesterol.
2. Raspberries are useful for people suffering from diabetes – raspberries have moderate sugar content and are an excellent source of fiber, which makes them very suitable for addition to the diet of diabetics. Raspberries help the body to produce adiponectin, which helps regulate blood sugar and insulin levels in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes. The adiponectin is a protein that is responsible for the distribution of glucose in the body.
3. Raspberries help us regulate our weight – the large amount of fiber will keep you satiated for longer and thus will begin imperceptibly to deal with excess weight. The high water content of raspberry (nearly 95%) will prevent you from dehydration due to heavy exercise and hot weather. The content of manganese, potassium and phosphorus will restore electrolyte loss when sweating. Raspberries are low-calorie and low fat fruits.
4. Raspberries protect our eyes from various diseases – eating the berries improves vision and protects the eyes and the retina from infections and other diseases. Raspberry is rich in antioxidants that protect the retina from oxidative stress. The combination of antioxidants such as vitamin C and phenols protects the membrane of the eye that produces the fluid that protects the eyes from drying.
5. Raspberries prevent cell mutations and malignant growth – the main substance that is effective against cancer cells is ellagic acid, it is found in abundance in raspberries. One cup of raspberries contains about 40 mg of ellagic acid. Regular consumption of red berries will prevent the development of malignant cells. Studies have found that ellagic acid is effective in different types of cancer including breast, colon, pancreas, esophageal, skin, prostate, and other types of cancer.
It has been found that the consumption of fresh fruit stimulates the appetite. They act antiscorbutic and diuretic. Raspberry juice and raspberry wine have the same effects as the fresh fruits.