Do you have shortness of breath? Do you suffer from discomfort with each breath? Breathing problems can lead to a variety of conditions such as bronchitis and asthma. Some foods and medications can reduce the effects of these problems, and in some cases may even cure you.
Let’s look at the most effective home remedies for treating breathing problems:
1. Onion – it relieves the symptoms of asthma and reduces airway inflammation. These properties make it effective protection against various respiratory problems. To cure the problems with breathing, just eat raw onion with your lunch and dinner.
2. Lemon – usually people with respiratory problems have reduced level of vitamin C. Lemons are rich in this vitamin and antioxidant that can help to relieve the symptoms of asthma.
3. Аjwain – it is widely used in India for the treatment of various respiratory problems. It acts as an expectorant. Also widen the bronchi.
4. Eucalyptus oil – beside the fact that this oil is excellent choice to treat stuffy nose, eucalyptus oil is an effective remedy against respiratory problems. The eucalyptol present in eucalyptus oil helps to get rid of thick secretions in the lungs. Moisten a cloth with a few drops of this oil and put it to your head while you sleep.
5. Honey – one of the oldest and most natural remedies for respiratory problems, honey contains certain substances that help to relieve symptoms of respiratory problems. Simply inhaling the scent of honey leads to positive results in some people. You can also dissolve a teaspoon of honey in warm water and drink three times a day. Before going to bed, eat a teaspoon of honey with half teaspoon cinnamon. This will help to remove phlegm from the throat and you’ll sleep better.
6. Figs – figs are a great cure for respiratory problems such as asthma and even help to treat inflammation of the airways. These properties make the fig ideal drug to ease breathing difficulties.
7. Mustard oil – Mustard oil is very effective for shortness of breath and restore normal breathing.
8. Garlic – garlic has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties that make it ideal for treating and preventing diseases such as bronchitis and asthma. Garlic is widely used to treat shortness of breath, and many other diseases.
9. Coffee – although caffeine has many side effects, it also has the ability to reduce and control respiratory problems. The more coffee you drink, the better results you will have.
10. Ginger – one of the best agents in breathing problems, ginger is used in the treatment of conditions such as asthma. It also helps to clear the airways.